Baked Sausage with Leeks, Apples and Cider
A quick mid-week dish that you can just bung in the oven without even browning off the sausages first!
- 3 leeks, washed and cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 2 apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 8 pork sausages
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 250ml medium cider
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ fan170°C/gas 5. Put the leeks and apples into a roasting tin that will hold the sausages in a single layer. Put the sausages on top of the leeks and apples and drizzle over the oil. Season and toss together. Dot with the butter and pour over the cider. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- About 15 minutes before it’s ready, spread the mustard over the sausages and return to the oven.
- Serve the sausages and leeks with extra pan juices spooned over and mash or rosemary roasted potatoes.