Broccoli lemon chicken with cashews
A superhealthy meal for two – full of vitamin C. You could use ordinary broccoli instead of tender stem.
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil or sunflower oil
- 340g pack of mini chicken breast fillets (sometimes called goujons)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 200g pack tender stem broccoli, stems halved if very long
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp clear honey or 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- Zest of half a lemon and the juice of a whole one
- Large handful of roasted cashews
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan and add the garlic and broccoli. Stir fry for a minute or so then cover and cook for 2 minutes more, until almost tender.
- Mix the stock, cornflour and honey or sugar well, then pour into the pan and stir until thickened. Tip the chicken back into the pan and let it heat through, then add the lemon zest and juice, and cashew nuts. Stir, then serve straight away with basmati rice or noodles.