- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 400 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cauliflower, chopped, stem peeled and diced
- 960 ml water or vegetable stock
- 2 handfuls grated cheddar cheese
- 180 ml milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt, pepper and grated nutmeg to taste
- 240 ml single cream
1. In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion. Sauté for about 7 minutes until softened, adding the garlic for the last few minutes.
2. Add the potato, cauliflower, water or stock and milk; bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Puree the mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth; return to the pot.
4. Whisk in cheese, mustard, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cream.