- Pasta (50-60g per person) - We use linguine but anything you have will do.
- 2 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp pesto
- cherry tomatoes - as many as you like, halved
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 or 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil and fry the chicken. After a minute add the courgette.
- Mix the creme fraiche and pesto together.
- Just as the chicken and courgette seems done throw in your cherry tomatoes and cook for about a minute, or until the tomatoes begin to soften. (Not too long or they will turn to sauce!)
- Add the pesto and creme fraiche mix, plus some basil leaves (about 10), to the chicken pan and heat through, covering the other ingredients.
- Drain the pasta, plate up and serve the chicken and sauce on top. Sprinkle with some more basil leaves if you want.
Note: You can make more of less sauce really easily and add as much chicken as you like to suit all appetites and tastes, less pesto or more could be added too.