- 5 parsnips, peeled
- 5 carrots, peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Good pinch of salt, or to taste
- Good pinch of black pepper, or to taste
1. Heat oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4. Halve each parsnip and carrot across ways where it starts to narrow. Diagonally cut the narrow portions into 3-4 inch thick slices. Quarter the wider portions and diagonally cut them into 3/4-inch thick slices.
2. In a large bowl, toss parsnips and carrots with the oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and sage. Spread mixture in a large shallow baking pan and pour in the water. Roast the vegetables in lower third of oven until tender, for approximately 30–35 minutes.
3. Check every 10 minutes, turning the vegetables to ensure even cooking. When ready place into bowl and serve immediately.