Choose from any of the following vegetables:
- Butternut squash
- Red onions
- Sweet potatoes
You will also need:
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Set the oven to 180°C. Chop the vegetables into chunks, sized depending on how fast they cook. So, for example, my onions are chunkier than the carrots. If you are using mushrooms, add them near the end of the cooking. Tip the chopped vegetables into a large bowl and add two or three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix well with a spoon until all the vegetables are coated. You can put some cling film over the top of the bowl and give everything a good shake, this is a very good method of coating all the vegetables. Preparing the vegetables this way cuts back on the amount of oil you need to use. Tip into a roasting tin.
- Add some freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, turning the vegetables over a few times throughout the cooking time.