Tender Stem Broccoli With Sauteed Onions And Bacon
Try something different from the usual plain boiled broccoli and serve with grilled chicken or white fish.
- 300g Purple sprouting broccoli, ends trimmed.
- 1 tsp olive oil.
- 1 Onion, finely chopped.
- 140g Streaky bacon, chopped.
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Cook the broccoli for 3 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain; run under cold water until completely cooked, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and bacon. Cook on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, adding the garlic halfway through, until the bacon is crisp and the onions are soft and golden.
- Add the broccoli to the pan, then toss through to coat in the oil. Cook for a couple of miutes until the broccoli is completely
heated through. Season with pepper, them serve immediately.