Gammon and Cauliflower Cheese Grills
A very tasty and unusual change from the old gammon and pineapple!
- 4 small, raw gammon steaks
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 100ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 85g cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat the grill to high. Snip the sides of the gammon steaks with kitchen scissors so they don’t curl up too much when they cook. Put the gammon onto a baking tray, then grill on one side for about 10 mins until the fat is crisp. Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 5 mins until tender. Drain and tip into a bowl with the mustard, crème fraîche and two-thirds of the cheese and give it all a good mix.
- When the gammon is crisp, flip it over and cook on the other side for about 10 mins. Spoon the cauliflower mix over the gammon, sprinkle with cheese, then grill for 5 mins until bubbling and golden.